Thursday 14 January 2016

An Aussie in Canada

Its almost 1 am, and I seem to feel that that is a good time to start a blog!

You can call me ThistleProse. I'm an Australian, born and bred, who for reasons unknown (and known) decided a working holiday in Canada was the way to go.

I've been here since November, and its finally decided to start being winter. I mean, previously it was mostly just like winter back home; occasionally wet, but mostly just chilly. Pretty big let down, really, after going out and buying a big ass winter coat filled with feathers and some fancy snowboots to keep my feet warm.

Mostly, though, I was disappointed about the whole lack of snow on Christmas Day thing. I was really looking forward to it being a white Christmas! I wanted snow, and lots of it! Naturally, it didn't really start snowing until almost the second week now of January.

Because hey, why give the Aussie girl what she wants, right?

Still. I'm happy there is finally some snow on the ground and it looks like we'll be getting a lot more before the week is out so I'm happy about that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment